Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Vermont Close to Legalizing Gay Marriage

The state motto says it all: Freedom and Unity. Many of my gay brethren and lesbian...sistren(?)...you get the idea...in the Green Mountain State are no doubt jumping for joy this evening, as the Vermont Senate overwhelmingly passed legislation to legalize same-sex marriage in the state, by a vote of 26-4.



The House has scheduled a meeting on Tuesday to consider the bill to legalize same-sex marriage within the state, and is expected to similarly pass the bill into law.

Peep the story over at CNN

1 Comment:

Bon Don said...

Hi Jase!!

Bon Don here... I have been trying to leave you awesome & witty comments for like the last week! I think I just have a weird connection with your blog at work. Boo.

Anyway, love your blog. so that means you'll be seeing me around here more often (well at least after work!)

*Bon Don*