Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Here Comes the Warm Up



It's that time of year in our fair city...Spring. "Winter" has left us...



Granted, it's winter in Dallas, so we really can't even complain.



Sorry, Northerners...really. DAMN.



The elusive suggestion of winter in North Texas has departed, with full-blown Spring upon us. Technically, of course, Spring is a few days away, but it's already been over 80. Today's high was 79, but it reached 83. Spring has sprung!

And for us lucky Texans, that can only mean...



Fields and fields of our beautiful state flower...Texas Bluebonnets!

On another good note, this week is Spring Break for me from my classes.



Thankfully! I am winding down my program, and I'm so close I'm starting to get the itch to be finished. I long for the weekends that weren't spent cracking books and racing for the finishline on due assignments.



And tomorrow is my last day of work for 5 whole days of unabashed bliss and relaxation. I will be a free man, and fully intend to smoke a few cigarettes while enjoying the fantastic weather and some of my new, 2nd favorite beer:



MMMMM...lime & cactus, and beer...all together at last. It's sweet without being girly or Zima-esque. Plus, the flavors are perfect. This is Texas, after all, so cactus and lime go mighty fine together. And it's great with huevos rancheros. Let's face it; the beer is frigging fantastic, and although vastly different, I think it pretty much ties with my regular favorite beer:



Other than that, for the moment at least, I don't really have anything else planned out. That might change though. Hmmm...there are no doubt countless diversions in a big city with 70/80 degree weather, no?

Anyone out there have plans for the next few days/this weekend?

BONUS:

Name the movie that contains this scene, and win a prize:



[The prize being my undying respect for useless trivia]

1 Comment:

Denise said...

Outrageous Fortune ;-)